Events at Anderson
- McKinnon Distinguished CEO Lecture SeriesTUE, OCT 13, 2015, 5:00 PM (The Pit)Jack Stack, President and CEO of SRC Holdings Corp., will present at the McKinnon Distinguished CEO Lecture Series. Jack has been named The Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce's "Springfieldian of the Year", an honor bestowed annually on a local community member who has worked to improve the quality of life in Springfield. His open-book management program has been recognized by the CBS program "Eye on America", PBS McNeil-Lehrer Report and has received both the National Business Ethics Award and the Business Enterprise Trust Award. SRC was also selected as one of the Top 100 Companies to Work for in America.More Information...
- Advise-L MeetingTHU, OCT 15, 2015, 12:00 PM (Jackson Student Center)Have advisors from all colleges attend the advise-L meeting and enjoy lunch while we present on the 3-2 program and graduate programs at ASM.
- CFO AcademyTHU, OCT 15, 2015, 5:00 PM (Jackson Student Center)
- UNM BizPlanComp Seminar Series: Startup Best PracticesFRI, OCT 16, 2015, 11:30 AM (Jackson Student Center)Steve Schroeder, CEO, Realtime Solutions and Andy Lim, CEO, Lavu Inc. will share their startup best practices and lessons learned.More Information...
- Anderson Homecoming Tailgate and BarbecueSAT, OCT 17, 2015, 2:30 PM (University Stadium North 4 Lot)Location: University Stadium North 4 Lot (north of the track)Come join the UNM Anderson School of Management Alumni Association as we cheer on the Lobos at this years Homecoming Football game against Hawaii. This is a great opportunity for you and your family to reconnect with fellow Anderson alumni and enjoy the festive atmosphere of Homecoming 2015. Each $15 ticket purchased through the Anderson Alumni page includes a cooked on-site meal from JRs BBQ, refreshments, and one ticket to the game.More Information...
- Professional Speaker SeriesTUE, OCT 20, 2015, 5:00 PM (Jackson Student Center)Each seminar features information on the skills, tools and vision necessary to ensure your personal and professional success.
- innovationAcademy Speaker Series 2: A StartUp Story with Plug SolarWED, OCT 21, 2015, 6:30 PM (Jackson Student Center)SunPort is the worlds first smart grid solar delivery device. This plug lets you demand solar energy by matching your usage with grid-tied solar energy production. Just by plugging in, you can instantly demand 100% solar energy. It makes going solar even more easy and affordable. In addition to demanding solar energy, SunPort directly funds new solar panels on the rooftops of non-profits, so you can make a difference even if you dont own a rooftop! They recently completed a successful KICKSTARTER campaign and will be discussing their journey, Start Up culture in Albuquerque and looking for some HIGH QUALITY INTERNS! Come and find out!
- UNM BizPlanComp Seminar Series: Entrepreneurial Growth & SupportFRI, OCT 30, 2015, 9:30 AM (Jackson Student Center)
Gary Oppedahl, Director of Economic Development for City of Albuquerque and Jared Tarbell, Founder of Levitated Toy Factory will discuss support of entrepreneurial growth in Albuquerque.
- ASM Seminar Series Presents: Professor Werner BaerFRI, OCT 30, 2015, 9:30 AM (ASM 1065)ANDERSON SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SEMINAR SERIES
PRESENTS:Professor Werner Baer, Jorge Lemann Distinguished Professor of Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.Presentation: Professor Werner Baer will be presenting Institutional Obstacles to Brazils Economic Development
- Circle of Giving Scholarship ReceptionFRI, OCT 30, 2015, 4:00 PM (OFFSITE LOCATION)A celebratory event to honor the generosity of our donors and the academic achievement of our 2015-2016 scholarship recipients
- All the Queen's Horses (New Date!)TUE, NOV 10, 2015, 5:00 PM (Jackson Student Center)This will be an event for the UNM Student Center for Public Trust. This event involves a video documentary and panel discussion regarding a massive fraud that occurred in Dixon, Illinois. Specifically, Rita Crundwell, the comptroller and treasurer of the city of Dixon, is accused of stealing $53 million from city funds during the decades she held the role, using the money to support a lavish lifestyle and hundreds of championship horses.
- UNM BizPlanComp Seminar Series: ABQidFRI, NOV 13, 2015, 10:00 AM (Jackson Student Center)REDW Financial Advisors will discuss basic financial statements.
- Professional Success Speaker SeriesTUE, NOV 17, 2015, 5:00 PM (Jackson Student Center)Each seminar features information on the skills, tools and vision necessary to ensure your personal and professional success.
- Accounting Open HouseTHU, NOV 19, 2015, 4:00 PM (Jackson Student Center)Anderson students are invited to the Jackson Student Center on Thursday, November 19, 2015 from 4-6pm to join Accounting faculty and Anderson staff. Come learn more about the field of Accounting, coursework required and information on how to navigate career opportunities in this field.
- Investments Advisory Committee (IAC) MeetingWED, DEC 2, 2015, 6:00 PM (Jackson Student Center)Finance students will be presenting their research for the Regents Portfolio to the IAC.
- Anderson Fall 2015 GraduationSAT, DEC 12, 2015, 2:00 PM (UNM Johnson Gym)23rd Annual Fall Convocation Ceremony - Saturday, December 12, 2015