Faculty Positions & Opportunities
The Anderson School of Management at the University of New Mexico seeks applicants for a position in the Department of Accounting, subject to availability of funding. The appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Professor in a probationary status leading to a tenure decision. The position is anticipated to begin fall 2020. For best consideration, please submit applications by October 18, 2019, however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Teaching interests in Auditing or Financial Accounting is preferred but all areas will be considered. Applicants must be prepared to teach at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
The University of New Mexico is the largest university in the state, enrolling approximately 26,000 students. All programs in the Anderson School of Management and the Department of Accounting are AACSB-accredited and enroll approximately 1100 undergraduate and 500 graduate students. The Department of Accounting offers a BBA in accounting, a Master of Accounting and an Accounting Concentration in the MBA program. New Mexico is an ethnically diverse state with a rich cultural heritage. The University of New Mexico seeks a diverse faculty who can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Applicants must possess a Ph.D. or DBA in accounting or related field, or be ABD at time of application with expected completion of degree by July 1, 2020.
- Evidence of scholarly productivity or the potential to develop such a program
- Evidence of teaching excellence in undergraduate and graduate studies
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities
- Area of expertise in Auditing or Financial Accounting
A complete application consists of:
- A letter describing your interest in joining the Anderson School faculty and your qualifications for the position (see Minimum Qualifications and Preferences above);
- A current vita
- Evidence of research and teaching effectiveness including sample articles/publications attached
- Sample instructor evaluations or other evidence of excellence in teaching attached
- The contact information of at least three (3) references including phone numbers, email addresses, and mailing addresses
Women, minorities, individual with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. The University is firmly committed to a principle of diversity. Applicants must apply online at UNM Jobs which can be found at this site: http://www.unm.edu/jobs. Please reference Req Number 11801.
The University of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.