McKinnon Center for Management (MCM)
- December 15, 2016: Parking lot and all of ASM West is fenced off. ASM West will remain accessible until the end of the day on December 22, 2016.
- December 20, 2016: Heating cutoff in ASM West.
- December 22, 2016: Power cutoff from ASM West.
- December 22, 2016: Access to ASM West cutoff.
- December 26, 2016: Demolition of roof canopy and stairs that connect ASM West and East begins.
- January 3, 2017: Vacate the west side of the ASM East building as the canopy is being removed.
- January 11, 2017: Asbestos abatement complete.
- January 11, 2017: ADA ramp to the west of ASM West is ready for use.
- January 13, 2017: ADA ramp to the northeast of ASM East is ready for use.
- January 30, 2017 at 11:00 A.M.: Acting Provost Craig White and Anderson Acting Dean Shawn Berman will welcome Ian McKinnon to celebrate the groundbreaking of the new McKinnon Center for Management.
- January 12, 2017 - February 11, 2017: Building demolition complete. This is earlier than the original estimate of February 21, 2017.
- February 13, 2017: Auger pier rebar delivery begins. CGI is now bringing in new soil that will meet required compaction, plasticity, and other properties for the building pad. The pad will not support the weight of the building but instead the building will sit on auger cast piers.
- February 24, 2017: New stair case to the 2nd floor of ASM East is expected to be completed and rough grading is completed.
- February 24, 2017: Site rough grading expected to be completed.
- March 8, 2017: Full access to ASM East on the West side including access to Advisement and Career Services.
- February 27, 2017 - March 10, 2017: Work begins on the the auger cast system of piers. This involves drilling (auger) holes and then lowering a rebar cage into each hole. Finally concrete will be pumped into the holes. This is better than rammed earth piles in terms of construction vibrations.
- March 14, 2017: Auger cast piers are being drilled and concrete is pumped in to fill voids. A rebar cage is lowered into the hole and set in place.
- March 31, 2017: Trenches have been created to build grade beams, which will connect adjacent piers. This will be the support system for the new building. The grade beams are rebar and concrete.
- May 15, 2017 - June 2, 2017: After spring finals week, access to the to ASM via the west entrance will be closed for three weeks between May 15th ‐ June 2nd. During the closure, a sub‐contractor will repair the fascia and the gutters. Some framing and stucco‐work will be done.
- August 2017*: It is projected that the last steel beam will be placed on the McKinnon Center for Management in August 2017. It has been a tradition in building construction to paint the beam and allow people to sign it. The beam will be hoisted into position with a tree and a flag attached.
- November 2017: An elevator for Anderson is now in the engineering and architectural study phase. We expect to have an elevator on or before November 2017.
- May 2018*: MCM substantially completed.
- Fall 2018*: MCM open for classes.
* Estimate only.