Faculty Positions & Opportunities
Assistant Professor in Organizational Behavior and/or Human Resources Management
Requisition # 2579
The Anderson School of Management at the University of New Mexico invites applications for two tenure-track Assistant Professor positions in the Department of Organizational Studies. The appointment begins no later than August 13, 2018 subject to budgetary approval. The successful candidates will be responsible for teaching courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels in organizational behavior and/or human resources management depending on primary field of study.
The Anderson School is AACSB accredited. Its management programs enroll approximately 1000 undergraduate students and 500 graduate students. The School emphasizes collaborative student interaction, active adult learning, team experiences, and scholarship that draws upon a variety of methodologies and subject areas. New Mexico is an ethnically diverse state with a rich cultural heritage. The University of New Mexico seeks a diverse faculty who can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
Minimum qualifications: Applicants must: a) have a Ph.D. or be a doctoral student in the candidacy phase in Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Management, or a closely related field by August 13, 2018; b) provide evidence of research and scholarship in Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management or in a closely related field; c) at least one semester’s teaching experience in Organizational Behavior, Human Resources Management and/or in a closely related field.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- A strong research record in the fields of OB and/or HRM or a strong potential for scholarly excellence in these fields;
- Excellence or potential for excellence in teaching;
- Primary interest in teaching in Organizational Behavior and/or Human Resources Management;
- Compatibility with current departmental and interdisciplinary teaching and research needs; and
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit:
- a letter describing your interest in joining the Anderson School faculty and your qualifications for the position (see Minimum Qualifications and Preferences above);
- a current vita;
- evidence of research including representative articles/publications (please label any documents in this category with the prefix ‘Research’);
- all instructor evaluation scores and course syllabi for OB/HR relevant courses within the past 4 semesters, and any other evidence of teaching effectiveness (please combine all materials for a specific course into a single file and label with the prefix ‘Teaching’); and
- the contact information of at least three references – including phone numbers, email addresses, and mailing addresses.
For best consideration, complete applications must be received by November 3, 2017. The position will remain open until filled. All applications will be taken online at http://unmjobs.unm.edu. Please refer to Requisition No. 2579. If you need assistance with your application, please visit: https://hr.unm.edu/unmjobs. For other inquiries, please contact the DOS Department Administrator.
The University of New Mexico is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR.